On January 1, 2018 all providers in the US will be required by CMS under the Protecting Access to Medicare Act of 2014 (PAMA) to ensure that radiology orders have been validated electronically through the use of an electronic clinical decision support mechanism (CDSM). LOGICNETS has partnered with qualified provider-led entities authorized by CMS to provide clinical guidelines under PAMA.
Our powerful Clinical Decision Support platform allows Providers, PLEs and EMR vendors to comply with the new requirements:
Providers benefit from a flexible and user-friendly turnkey application, deployable as a cloud-based service
PLEs realize unmatched efficiency in capturing and managing clinical guideline content using our visual design platform
EMR and workflow vendors can easily integrate the solution into their environments to offer seamless guidance over their existing capabilities
LOGICNETS will initially provide AUC content from the following Qualified Provider Led Entities (qPLEs) – we plan on adding content from additional PLEs enabling content expansion to meet demand from other specialties:
Eight Priority Clinical Areas initially identified by CMS Areas
Ordering professionals are required to report on eight CMS areas that have been prioritized:
Coronary artery disease (suspected or diagnosed)
Suspected pulmonary embolism
Headache (traumatic and non-traumatic)
Low back pain
Shoulder pain (to include suspected rotator cuff injury)
Cancer of the lung (primary or metastatic, suspected or diagnosed)
Cervical or neck pain adherence
Institutions and Clinicians (Ordering Professionals)
LOGICNETS’ AUC solution takes a holistic approach to assess the patient’s overall condition and then provides the most appropriate imaging test for the patient. Ordering physicians may easily access the LOGICNETS AUC function seamlessly from within their workflow where the AUC application is integrated with your EHR. Organizations without an EHR may also use the application’s ordering portal which interactively prompts the ordering clinician for information required to trigger and run relevant guidelines. Benefits include:
- Streamlines and directs the clinician to the most applicable Appropriate Use Criteria.
- Standard reports are provided for all ordering professionals.
- Integrates seamlessly into the EHR and embedded into the clinician’s workflow.
- Stand alone Portal for clinicians that do not have EHRs or do not desire an integrated solution.
Qualified Provider Led Entities (qPLEs)
LOGICNETS provides an AUC solution that is an interactive visual design environment. LOGICNETS’ platform enables rapid, efficient, and tightly controlled capture of PLE created AUC content in an executable format optimized for automation for CDSMs.
It will be critical for Provider Led Entities to not only have a defined content strategy but a platform to visually curate, update and version AUC content. Our dynamic interoperability and unique approach helps PLEs quickly and efficiently achieve their content management and delivery needs.
LOGICNETS AUC Prepares You for Optimal Data Integrity & Speeds Decision Support for Operational Excellence:
- Provides CDSMs with consumable AUC content for decision-based applications.
- Correctly captures and minimizes the time it takes to integrate AUC guidelines into the workflow.
- Realizes rapid time-to-market by quickly modeling content and automating protocols in a matter of minutes or hours.
- Greatly enhances the long-term capabilities for maintenance and updates of AUC criteria.
- Standard integration model allows for a wide range of standard web services-based interoperability protocols to securely gain access to EHR data, drive workflow decision-making and populate the patient record with the results.
LOGICNETS supports a range of commonly used protocols from simple HL7 to OpenCDS, including SMART on FHIR and CDS hooks.
EHR and RIS Vendors
LOGICNETS’ technology provides a solution with integration capabilities from simple HL7 to OpenCDS that will help your system comply with AUC mandates. We see a clear industry adoption trend for EHR and RIS systems focusing future Appropriate Use Criteria Clinical Decision Support heading towards SMART on FHIR and utilizing CDS Hooks as their strategic approach towards interoperability with external decision support mechanisms. Benefits include:
- LOGICNETS forward-looking technology provides HL7v2, HL7v#, SMART on FHIR, CDS Hooks, etc.
- Appropriate Use Criteria in integrated and embedded in clinician’s workflow providing ordering professionals recommendations with minimal disruption.
- Multiple CDS integration points in EHR or RIS that enables users to easily identify the most appropriate AUC and take appropriate action.
- LOGICNETS provides you with an Integration Sandbox that allows your solution to test the most optimal integration points and systems synergy.